With over 25 years of experience in satellite communications and regulations at international level, Mr Ciccorossi has taken the following responsibilities:
– Acting Head of the Satellite Systems Coordination Division at the International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
– Chairman of the 22nd. International Space Radio Monitoring Meeting (ISRMM), September 2021.
– Counsellor of DG-Plenary at the CPM-2023 and WG-6C at the World Radiocommunication Conference 2012.
– Represented the ITU Radiocommunications Bureau at WRCs since 2003, as well as at several regional and international fora, including CITEL, ICAO, International Astronautical Congress, Eurocontrol, United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, Forum Europe, the Regulatory Expert Group of the ISRMM and ITU Study Groups.
– Advising ITU Member States and Sectors Members on technical regulatory matters of space services.
– Responsible for the analysis of GSO and NGSO satellite systems submitted to ITU and the treatment of cases of harmful interference.
Jorge has conceived the first (and unique) Intergovernmental Online Platform to Report RFI cases affecting Satellite System (SIRRS), assisting 193 ITU Member States in its resolution.
He holds the degree of engineer in electronics from the National University of Technology (UTN) in Buenos Aires, an Executive Certificate in Management and Leadership from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US, and has studied satellite communications and spacecraft design at the University of Surrey in the UK.